A Small Book of Cats

You may have noticed I’ve been posting a lot of cat drawings on my facebook page lately.  The drawings were practice for a little book I made for a friend’s birthday present.  I got this little Moleskine booklet envelope at Powells some time ago.

It was so cool, but I never could think of who or what to write in it, until I started missing my friend and her long tailed orange cat.  It’s been delivered. My friend loves it, her cat is unimpressed.  Here’s a look at it:

Front Envelope

Back Envelope

Envelope open

Front of book-An Oligarchy of Orange (Oh, oh) And the happiest homes where women dance they shall attract beloved orange cats — Bastet

1st spread-Sacrificial Offerings are NOT optional

2nd spread – you know you can’t resist us

3rd Spread – Cat Chaos Theory

Last Page – You will never be alone

I found out I rather liked drawing cats, so I will probably continue to do so.

Thanks to all those who made suggestion and gave feedback on earlier drawings.  You’re the cat’s pajamas!

I’m linking this to the Paint Party Friday site. See a lot of creative stuff then go make some art today.

This entry was posted in cat art, cat book, handmade book, http://schemas.google.com/blogger/2008/kind#post, moleskine, one of a kind book, orange cat. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to A Small Book of Cats

1. Erika says:

This is so fantastic, dear Joy! I love your cat Art.
    So many smiles in my face, have you seen it :)
    Love and hugs

2. This is such a cool idea + I love your cats! I bet your friend was so happy to receive this from you! (And I suspect the cat was too, but you know cats!)

3. Karla says:

How fun are these!! I grew-up with cats so they have a special place in my heart. :)

4. Nic McLean says:

What a great book and whata thoughtful gift for your friend. Your cat illustrations are the car's pajamas! You've captured all those wonderful cat possess so well!

5. I love these kitties! They're so cute and vary so much yet all have a wonderful quality. What a great gift for your friend!

6. P.S. I'm sure the cat was secretly impressed and pleased to be paid homage to, but you know kitties generally have to look nonchalant…

7. Netty says:

beautiful gift for your friend am sure she will love it, happy PPF, Annette x

8. MeOfCourse says:

What a wonderful gift for your friend. I'm sure she loves it. Your cats are wonderful. Great job.

9. Christine says:

It's adorable what you have done with this little book.

10. Giggles says:

Very fun!! Adorable and love the sweet ending!! She will feel loved for sure!

Hugs Giggles

11. Carola Bartz says:

Wow, these cats are fantastic – and real fun to look at!

12. Linda says:

what a very thoughtful gift. I love this sweet little book filled with your wonderful feline escapades!

13. pauline says:

hey – if you like drawing cats, keep drawing cats! And Joy, those birds at the top of your banner are amazing. i was blown away when i saw them. Gorgeous work! Have a great weekend. xox

14. Zafaran says:

They're so adorable! Lovely paintings and I love the book! What a lovely gift.

15. Alicia says:

I love your cats! The orange too – silly cat, to be unimpressed!

16. Anne Manda says:

Wonderful, fun book! Love your kitty cats, lively and very feline! :)

17. JoyCorcoran says:

Thanks so much. I had been trying to draw birds realistically, then I just wanted to draw how I feel about them. I'm learning my own style slowly but surely.

18. Melisa says:

What a special little gift! I love the way you did the envelope back.

19. Cool! I love the envelope book idea, and your creative interpretations of cats are amazing. Blessings, my friend!

20. This little letter-booklet is perfect! :-) And your drawings are wonderful! The cat on the back of the letter really makes me smile.
    A wonderful gift!
    Happy PPF and a wonderful weekend from